In addition to E-commerce, E-Business includes both front and back end office online. Ebusiness
is not just about selling, purchasing or marketing of goods and service but it
include the Customer Relation Management (CRM), Supply chain Management (SCM),
Inventory management by transacting online,
Ecommerce is not just on the Web. In fact, ecommerce was alive and well in business to
business transactions before the Internet in the 1970s via EDI (Electronic Data
Interchange) and EFT (electronic fund transfer) through VANs (Value-Added Networks).
Ecommerce can be broken into four main categories: B2B (Business to Business) , B2C
(Business to Consumer) , C2B (Consumer to Business) , and C2C (consumer to
Electronic commerce or e-commerce refers to a wide range of online business activities like
sale, purchase of products and services. It also pertains to “any form of business
transaction in which the parties interact electronically rather than by physical exchanges.
Driver of E-Commerce At any time, any where and for any one
E-commerce is one of the most important aspects of Internet emerge, it allow people to
exchange goods and services electronically without any barriers of time and distance.
Feature of E-commerce
1. Benefits to Society, Organization as well as customer
2. No Geographical barrier reach to narrow market too
3. E-commerce help organization to reduce product cost
4. 365 x 24 x 7 availability
5. Better customer communication
6. Improved customer services
7. Increase operating and trading flexibility
8. Cost of Transaction is same everywhere for the consumer/buyer
9. E-commerce technologies enable a business to easily reach across
10. It’s really easy to understand how this feature can benefit to a business
as well as consumers.
11. e-commerce is made possible through hardware (Internet) and
software/content (World Wide Web)
12. Universal standards can greatly influence market entry costs
13. Consumer/user can interact with the Internet, more option to
sale/purchases are available in the global market
14. E-commerce has more opportunities for personalization then going to a
store and buying an item face-to-face in a store.